1) A pharmaceutical lifecycle assessment and data on occurrence of pharmaceuticals in Irish surface waters
2) Validation of bioassays for biological and community effects of pharmaceuticals
3) Identification of novel gene pathways in invertebrates exposed to pharmaceuticals
4) Pilot study of effect based monitoring for pharmaceuticals in Irish surface water catchments
– In vivo and in vitro bioassays for monitoring of cellular/subcellular responses
– A life cycle analysis of pharmaceuticals in Ireland
– Transcriptomic and bioinformatics analysis of gene expression in invertebrate, as well as analysis of tissue pharmaceutical concentrations
HCWH Europe gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the European Commission (EC)’s LIFE+ programme, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU) Germany, and the German Environment Agency (UBA). HCWH Europe is solely responsible for the content of this project and related materials. The views expressed do not reflect the official views of the EC, BMU, or UBA.