-Identify the APIs entering the waste water stream at different sources and testing cost-effective technological solutions to treat APIs at their primary emission sources.
-The different technologies will be tested in pilot studies.
-Seek pollution prevention instruments in collaboration with key stakeholders.
1) Identification of pharmaceutical residue emission loads and risk
2) Pilot testing of wastewater technologies in real conditions
3) Cost-effectiveness of wastewater treatment solutions for bioaccumulative and persistent pharmaceutical residues
4) Policy Recommendations for sustainable management of pharmaceuticals
5) Coordination and Communication
- Efficient Treatment of Pharmaceutical Residue at Source (EPIC)
- Evaluation of technologies for the removal of pharmaceuticals from wastewaters
- Pharmaceutical load from primary emission sources to WWTPs and from WWTPs into the environment
- BIOTRANSFORMATION OF DRUGS. How to perceive the human elimination products when assessing the efficiency of waste water purification and the environmental impacts of drugs?
- EFFICIENT TREATMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESIDUE AT SOURCE – EPIC
- WP3: Cost-effectiveness of waste water treatment solutions at different sources
- Pharmaceuticals in environmental permits issued to Finnish pharmaceutical industry
- EFFICIENT TREATMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESIDUE AT SOURCE- EPIC
- ENVIRONMENTAL CLASSIFICATION OF PHARMACEUTICALS – PROSPECTS FOR IMPLEMENTATION TO FINLAND?
- Conclusions of the seminar
HCWH Europe gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the European Commission (EC)’s LIFE+ programme, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU) Germany, and the German Environment Agency (UBA). HCWH Europe is solely responsible for the content of this project and related materials. The views expressed do not reflect the official views of the EC, BMU, or UBA.